If like me, you love playing online poker you would’ve asked yourself how can I improve my ‘poker game’? Sit and Go’s tournaments by casino Indonesia are a fantastic way to practice your poker strategy while winning some serious cash in the process! Because the buy-ins are fixed you know exactly how much money you’re risking – and because the players at the table stay the same throughout the tournament (unlike cash games or Multi-Table Tournaments) you can practice spotting tells, reading your opponents, and improve your poker psychology! This article will give you all the tools you need to win at Sit n Go tournaments – so sit back, relax, and enjoy. Before you know it you’ll be making money from online poker.
Practice playing Sit N Go tournaments with £10 absolutely free credit – click here
Sit N Got Tournaments
Sit & Go tournaments are ideal for people who want to play poker ‘here and now’ – with no waiting around. If you search in the ‘Sit n Go’ tab on any poker site, you’ll find a list of available tables. When a table is full (normally between 6 and 10 people) the tournament starts straight away. Everyone starts with a fixed amount of chips and the blinds continue to increase throughout the tournament until a winner is decided! There are some Sit n Go variations, let’s take a look at them!
• Standard – a standard tournament will have blind levels around 10-15 minutes, these tournaments can go on for a long time, but it means you can play really solid poker!
• Speed (scary) for those of you in a rush, the blind level of a ‘speed’ Sit n Go is around 3-5 minutes. You can still play good poker but there’s a bit more fun and excitement to these games.
• Turbo (super scary) – Turbo tournaments are great for the poker adrenaline junkies, with blinds being 3 minutes or less these tournaments really separate the men from the boys (or women from the girls!). You don’t have the time to sit back and wait for great cards, so you have to bluff/steal blinds to survive!
• Deep Stack – Deep stack tournaments are normally 3,000+ starting chips. Because you have so many chips the initial blind levels don’t really affect you, so you can study your opponents before making serious bets.
• Double or Nothing (50/50) – Pretty self-explanatory, half of the players double up, half lose.
• Bounty (Knockout) – knocking a player out earns you cash in the bounty tournament.
• Russian Roulette – This Sit n Go isn’t really poker – you have instantly forced all-in and one hand is dealt, whoever wins that hand wins the tournament! A good bit of fun but nothing serious here.
Poker Sit N Go Tournament Strategy
This Sit & Go strategy works great at low-medium stake tournaments, the problem most people have is getting ‘bored’ or thinking ‘just this once’ to a bad decision. If you stick to this guide, you’ll have the edge over 95% of the competition out there!
Choosing the right table
To be successful at Sit n Go tournaments you first have to find the right table. There are two main deciding factors to take into account:
How good are you at poker?
Most people think they’re poker superstars, but in reality, they’re not that great! Unless you’ve proved yourself as a great poker player, stick to the low stake tables
How much money do you have in your bankroll?
If you’ve got a small bankroll play at low stakes tables, if you have lots of money at your disposal – play higher stakes. Simples.
- Early game
As soon as the first card is dealt you need to be in ‘the zone’. It’s no good trying to make money from Sit n go tournaments whilst watching TV, eating a Chinese, and drinking beer! You need to be committed to winning! Start the tournament playing very tightly, only betting with premium hands and limping in with suiting connectors / small pairs. This is the time to ‘profile the competition’, find out who’s loose, who’s tight, who’s aggressive, and who’s passive. This’ll help later when you’re playing more hands.
- Mid game
By now you’re probably average chip stack or just below, this is the time to start playing more aggressively! When around half of the players have been knocked out, everyone will start folding and getting ‘scared’ – because the paid positions are getting closer and they don’t want to miss out. Take advantage and start stealing the blinds, getting your chip stack over the ‘average’.
- Late game
Here’s the biggest tip for Sit n Go late games: ‘Play to win, not for second place’. Sounds obvious? Well, you’d be surprised at how many people try to ‘just’ get into the money. First place normally gets ~50% of the prize pool, so it’s worth taking the risk for it in the long run. If someone tries to bully you, bully them back! This is where true poker warriors either stand victorious or die trying.
Sit N Go Tournament Tips
• Remember the basics
• Don’t get distracted
• Position, position, position
• Don’t go ‘on tilt’ if you get a bad beat, it happens
• Never, ever play with money you can’t afford to lose
• Play to win
Hopefully, you’ve learned something from this article, if you stick to this online poker strategy religiously you will improve your game. Sit n Go poker tournaments are a great learning tool for poker players and they can be really profitable too! Just please, please, please don’t play with money you can’t afford to lose – the researchers at Profit from Poker only give the best advice, but poker is a game of probability – so even the perfect techniques can lose. Good luck!